You Can Make a Difference in a Child's Life
Did you know… it costs $2700 to provide an advocate for a child for a year? CASA of San Luis Obispo County receives 60% of its funding from the local community and depends on these contributions to fund its work.
There are 450 abused and neglected children under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court in San Luis Obispo County. Your gift to CASA will help us reach our goal of serving each one of these children by providing them with a trained CASA volunteer advocate/mentor.
There are many ways to support CASA of San Luis Obispo County:
- Online - Make a secure donation using your Visa, Mastercard or American Express card
- By mail - Send your tax-deductible check or money order to: CASA, P.O. Box 1168, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
- By phone - Call CASA at (805) 541-6542 during our regular business hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
- In-Kind Donation - Donate an auction item for one of our events.
- Become a CASA Ambassador
- Purchase reservations for an upcoming event
- Planned Giving - Speak to a CASA representative to learn how you can include CASA in your estate plan.
- IRA Charitable Donations - If you are 70 ½, retired, and have an IRA (SIMPLE or SEP) from which you are legally required to make a minimum withdrawal each year, that required withdrawal is a taxable event - EXCEPT when all or part of that withdrawal is donated to a qualified charity. Currently, this is a temporary tax provision available through 2014. A new bill is being brought to the Senate to make the provision a permanent tax law, but, as with all legislation, it's uncertain if the bill will pass. Consult with your tax advisor for details.
- Support CASA When You Shop - Learn how you can donate to CASA without spending an extra dime!
- Donate a Vehicle to CASA - Got an old car? Find out how it can benefit CASA!
Give the gift of a voice for an abused or neglected child. Give the gift of CASA!
How it works:
- Click on the "Donate Now" button above. You will be directed to our secure donation site.
- Enter the recipient's name and their mailing address in the appropriate boxes. Complete your payment.
- We'll send your gift recipient a card indicating that a donation was made in his or her honor to CASA. Please allow 5 working days for your gift to arrive.
100% of your gift will stay in San Luis Obispo County
Help give a voice to an abused and neglected child by becoming a volunteer in our community.